1. Lines, Rays & Planes Using a white board this teacher slowly covers these very basic geometry terms. (29:00)
2. Learning about Polygons! Take this interactive tour of polygons and answer questions along the way.
Learning Math: Geometry
This site has a number of Geometry videos that were telecast on TV.
Video 1: What is Geometry
Video 2: Triangles & Quadrilaterals
Video 3: Polygons
Video 4: Parallel Lines & Circles
In order top play each video- you will need to click on the link
Determining Angles in a Polygon
This KhanAcademy video helps you learn how to determine angles in a video.
1. Sort Shapes : group shapes --> regular and not regular polygons, as well as quadrilaterals as well as not quadrilaterals.
2. Sort Triangles: Group triangles into 3 basic categories. There is a nice introduction prior to the activity.
3. Sort Polygons: Group polygons by regular and irregular, and quadrilaterals as well as not quadrilaterals.
4. Hitting the Target: This activity has you use a protractor to measure angles.
5. Mission 2110: A fun space age game where you communicate with people from the future to save the world!
(Your knowledge of angles is necessary.)
6. Tactical Rescue Mission: use your knowledge of angles to save a village by launching critical supplies to them.
7. Want more Angle Games? This link will get you to many additional geometry angle games!
8. Dinosaur Dig: Use coordinates to find dinosaur bones. Your score is based on the number of tries it takes you.
9. Find the Worm: Use coordinate geometry to find the worm in as few attempts as possible.
10. Catch the Fly: This is a GREAT activity. It has use use coordinates just as you would in a math problem.
The only difference is that you're moving your FROG around so it can catch the FLY.
11. Want more Coordinate Geometry Games? This link will get you to many additional coordinate geometry games.
12. Build Space Ships -- Take and create 3 different shapes using the same pieces to send aliens into space.
For this project you will do some research on your own. You will then create an open office document that has 2 parts. The first part (40%) will be in the form of a quiz, which another student will take. The second part (60%) will be a detailed answer sheet which not only shows the answers to each question, but a very detailed written explanation, as to how to get the answers.
Plan your space. You may not use MORE than 2 Open Office document pages for the quiz part. Your answer section may be longer.
You will be graded on your presentation & organization of the quiz you design. Don't make it too easy or too difficult.
Of even greater importance will be the quality of your answer section which will clearly show that you know how to do
these problems. Be sure to use a formula in each explanation. As always, ELA errors should be edited out.
Here are your 10 topics: For your quiz, create 1 question for each and include a picture for each as well.
Feel free at any time to go online to research the best way to solve each type of problem.
Title: Geometry Math Challenge
1. perimeter of a, square, rectangle & triangle (a 3 part question)
2. area of square and rectangle (2 part problem)
3. area of a triangle
4. area of a parallelogram
5. finding the diameter of a circle if the radius is given and find the radius if a diameter is given (2 parts)
6. circumference of a circle
7. area of a circle
8. volume of a cylinder (amt. in a can)
9. Challenging: external surface area of a cylinder (outside)
10. Challenging: external surface area and volume of a rectangular prism (box) (2 parts)
OrDeR oF oPeRaTiOnS !
ORDER OF OPERATIONS VIDEO By: Mathplayground.com
Some of the problems using Pi will involve your knowing the order of operations (PEMDAS).
This video is a good one to review this skill.
Order of Operations VIdeo TWO
Order of Operations: Pretest
Take this 10 question quiz with multiple choice answers
Order of Operations EASY
This is a good site to start with. All you do is select the operations in order. The program does the math!
Order of Operations Millionaire
You've played this game with other topics-- Now try Order of Operations
Add the numbers
In this game the operations are given and you must add numbers to make the equation work
Order of Operations Practice Problems
A problem is given along with some answer choices. Do the math and select the correct answer.
XP Math Order of Operations: Timed
There are 3 levels of difficulty- start with easy an work your way up.
Order of Operations 20 question quiz
No choices here- answer the 20 questions and see how you do.
Order of Operations Fill it in
The numbers are ll here along with the answer. your job is to fill in the operations.
Order of Operations Jeopardy
You know the game. This one is on the Order of Operations.
There is a lot of mental math here. It's ok if you use a pencil & scrap paper. Good luck against those robots!
TYPES OF ANGLES: ANIMATION : This short TeacherTube video to illustrate the different types of angles
Use a protractor: This video shows you how to use a protractor by Math
Using a protractor: This silent video shows how to use a protractor, as well as defining, acute, obtuse
and reflexive angles
Angle Measure: You can guess the correct answer based upon your knowledge. Some are tricky,
for these you can drag the protractor right on top of the angle and get the exact answer!
Hitting the Target Angle Game : for up to 4 players
A Dozen Angle Learning Games: Try each of these angle activities.
Hitting the Target Angle Game: for up to 4 players
Johnny's Angle Page: There are a number of activities here on measuring angles. Try each of them! :-)
TRY THESE GEOMETRY GAMES:
1. Golf Angles - Use your skills to get the lowest score. It will take a while to figure this out- but that shouldn't take long!
Start on the front 9 holes. See if you can get a "birdie" or maybe even a "hole-in-one"!
Name the Polygon- You have 30 seconds!
3-D Shapes Concentration - Are you any good at remembering where things are? Then try this game!
2. A Tangled Web : see if you can figure this out!
3. Pyramid Panic - This is a little complicated: you'll have to figure out which angle to drag on top of your "mummy"
so you can move it BEFORE it gets eaten by the creature!
4. Pyramid Panic Lite - "From the makers of Pyramid Panic"